Friday 14 September 2012

Buttons, buttons & more buttons ...

It's challenge time again. I wasn't going to enter this one - I battle with buttons. Then I  blog-hopped and inspiration hit. I've killed two birds with one stone - an entry, and one Christmas card completed! What challenge, I hear you ask? This one - Scrapbook Boutique Buttons, buttons & more buttons!

I've dipped each button into Versamark ink then into silver embossing powder and heat-embossed (yes it did take a while!). The music stamp is from a Kaisercraft Xmas set, and the tree music is Washi tape. White cardstock is Bazzill Orange Peel and I've also used silver foil board.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and such patience to emboss those buttons!!! Love, love, love the Washi tape too!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbook Boutique this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea embossing the buttons.I have soooo many dark & dismal buttons I'll give that idea a try. I love the card.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so clever! Love the elegance of the silver and white colour combination too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! What a great idea to emboss the buttons! I have a great button stash but have never used them on card projects, you've inspired me to try though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome technique!! Time consuming or not it was worth the effort! Love the whole look of your gorgeous card!! Can't believe it iwill be Christmas season soon! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique x

    ReplyDelete