Thursday 20 April 2017

Distress Oxide Inks

This is my first play with the new Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks. I am absolutely thrilled with them! Apologies for the shadows - trying to show the gold around the panel edges.










 My camera is not doing justice to the iced spruce colour. In the photo below I have deepened the image to try to get the effect - it is actually a gorgeous soft greenish grey.


I pressed iced spruce and vintage photo inks a little bit apart onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and pressed smooth white cardstock onto the inks. Heated dry with the heat gun, and re-pressed to fill areas that needed more colour. Re-heated to dry, then splashed water droplets, heated again.

Used a Richard Garay embossing folder for the pine branch background (Lumberjack series - Pine Needles), then leaving the embossed card layer in the folder I sponged more iced spruce ink over the raised areas, then some fossilized amber where the sun might be hitting the tops of the branches.

I applied Rub’n Buff ‘Gold Leaf’ (remember this stuff ?) around the edges of the layer. Used StazOn Jet Black ink to stamp the wording and dragonfly (from Creative Stamping Issue 41 – UK series) onto clear film, coloured behind the wings with Copic markers (orange and blue/green), cut out and adhered with Glossy Accents dimensional adhesive, then adhered layer onto black American Craft card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment