Tuesday 23 May 2017

Shaker card

We are going to be playing with shaker cards this Friday at the Social Capers gathering.


This is yesterday's 'quick' make (quick being that it did not take the whole day) (and it will be much quicker if I make it again) ...
I wanted a variety of leaves but only have one tiny Carl leaf punch, so I clear heat-embossed 1/3 of the autumn leaves paper strip I was punching from and Bronze Zing heat-embossed another 1/3 of the paper strip before punching. I also added gold micro beads to the shaky stuff.

The wording was computer-printed onto vellum before
die-cutting the leaf shape, and is edged with rusty hinge Distress ink.





The photo to the right shows better the sparkle on the copper leaves - sorry about the flash flare from the acetate.



The intention was a sympathy card that is not black and sombre - though my Second Thoughts wonder if a shaker card is appropriate ... at the time I was focused on the falling leaves aspect.











It was inspired by this card in the latest Creative Stamping (Issue 43)
(another mag I had to have because of the 'free' stamps) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment