Monday 28 August 2017

Less is More Challenge - Real Object - Coffeeeeeee



I just had to do this one - click HERE to link to the current Less is More challenge to see all the wonderful ideas from the design team, and the great entries.
I have had this wording stamp just waiting for the right occasion - and here it is!


And below are the eyeballs - yes they are coffee beans - added to with white gel pen.


The stamps were inked with Timber Brown StazOn - the wording is from Art Impressions and I think most people would recognise Tim Holtz's Bird Crazy stamps by now. The coffee beans are held on by sticky dots.

Off topic for the challenge, but ... As a serious (4 or 5 a day) coffee drinker, the following image strikes a real chord with me. Better than my usual MS reaction of feeling noises as pain.


This brings back memories of when I was studying for uni exams - cramming until 3am some days - living on coffee. My brother and I used to hide from each other in a particular niche in the kitchen and try to scare each other as the victim walked past. I was going from bathroom back to bedroom with a pair of slippers in my hand - he yelled 'Boo!' and I was totally caffeinated and instead of jumping, whacked him with the slippers! That surprised both of us. A very 'not-me' reaction.

7 comments:

  1. Your card is a riot! So very creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hilarious card! This idea is so creative and the results bring smile to the recipient's face for sure! I love the monochrome look, good for keeping your design CAS. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the coffee beans, super make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fun and creative take on our challenge ! Love the bird with its coffee beans eyes ! A great design too with the black and white ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever, fun and neat trick to use coffee beans ... they look awesome and love the monochromatic look. Super CAS and thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever! Love the monochrome design, the diagonal background panel is a great layout feature too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever card and wow using coffee beans too, great fun card ;) Viv xx Guest Designer 'Less is More'

    ReplyDelete